George Lucas Says His Story Treatments Will Not Be Used For “The Force Awakens”
20 Jan. 2015

George Lucas Says His Story Treatments Will Not Be Used For “The Force Awakens”


In some news that took me by surprised today, George Lucas reveals that the story treatments he wrote for the sequel trilogy, and that he gave to Disney after he sold Lucasfilm, will not be used for “The Force Awakens.” Lucas revealed this in an interview with CinemaBlend, where tells the interviewer,

“The ones that I sold to Disney, they came up to the decision that they didn’t really want to do those. So they made up their own. So it’s not the ones that I originally wrote.”

You can also check out a video of the interview:

I have to say I was a little disappointed to hear Lucas say his story treatments wont be used for “The Force Awakens.” But with saying that, everything we’ve seen and know so far about “The Force Awakens” sounds awesome, and I still have full confidence J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasden are going to give us a great new “Star Wars” story. And honestly, I’m still not entirely convinced that absolutely nothing will be used from George Lucas’ early treatments.  We’re just going to have to wait and see!

About the author

Tags

Related posts

A Live-Action Cassian Andor Series Has Been Officially Announced
A Live-Action Cassian Andor Series Has Been Officially Announced
November 8, 2018 - 0 comment
Bob Iger Talks About A Slowdown With Future Star Wars Movies
Bob Iger Talks About A Slowdown With Future Star Wars Movies
September 20, 2018 - 0 comment
Report On The Budget & Episode Count For The Live-Action Star Wars Series
Report On The Budget & Episode Count For The Live-Action Star Wars Series
August 6, 2018 - 0 comment
Solo: A Star Wars Story Merchandise Officially Revealed
Solo: A Star Wars Story Merchandise Officially Revealed
April 9, 2018 - 0 comment


Leave a Reply

* fields required