The “Solo: A Star Wars Story” news continues today after getting that awesome trailer last night, as Lucasfilm and Disney have officially revealed that the merchandise we’ll be seeing on store shelves from the film will be coming this Friday, April 13th, with some pre-sales starting today.
Here is the official press release sent to us from Disney about the roll out of “Solo: A Star Wars Story” merchandise:
SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY PRODUCT LANDS AT RETAIL
Collections Celebrate Beloved Characters and New Adventures from the Next Standalone Star Wars Film
Select Toys Available for Pre-Sale Today
GLENDALE, Calif. (April 9, 2018) — As fans around the world count down to Solo: A Star Wars Story’s debut on May 25, Lucasfilm today unveiled product collections inspired by the highly-anticipated Star Wars film. The cross-category assortment spans action figures, role-play products, apparel and more that take inspiration from the upcoming movie, with comic and book titles launching in May.
“The latest Star Wars adventure celebrates iconic characters like Han Solo and Chewbacca, and introduces a host of new heroes,” said Paul Gainer, head of Global Product Management and Distribution, Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products. “Through innovative toy features and product experiences, our SOLO collection brings this new story to life for fans and families around the world.”
Retailers in the U.S. including Walmart, Amazon, and shopDisney.com will host pre-orders for select toys beginning today, with additional product available at mass retailers, Disney store, shopDisney.com and Disney Parks starting on April 13 and rolling out through May.
Available toys from the pre-sale include:
- Solo: A Star Wars Story 3.75-inch Kessel Run Millennium Falcon vehicle by Hasbro ($99.99)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Han Solo Landspeeder Vehicle by Hasbro ($29.99)
- Star Wars: The Black Series 6-inch Han Solo figure by Hasbro ($19.99)
- Star Wars: The Black Series 6-inch Lando Calrissian figure by Hasbro ($19.99)
- Star Wars: The Black Series 6-inch Qi’ra figure by Hasbro ($19.99 – Available April 13)
- Star Wars: The Black Series 6-inch Range Trooper figure by Hasbro ($19.99)
Highlights from the new product line available beginning April 13 include:
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Figure Play Set by Disney store ($14.95)
- Star Wars Han Solo’s Landspeeder construction set by LEGO ($29.99)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Bobbleheads in the Pop! style by Funko ($9.99)
- Hot Wheels Solo: A Star Wars Story Character Cars by Mattel ($3.99)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Big Figs by Jakks Pacific ($19.99)
- Star Wars: Last Shot: A Han and Lando Novel by Daniel Jose Older (Del Rey) ($28.99)
- Star Wars: Choose Your Destiny: A Han and Chewie Adventure by Caven Scott, Illus. by Elsa Charretier (Disney-Lucasfilm Press)($5.99)
Products available at Disney Parks and shopDisney.com beginning April 20 include:
- Droid Factory Four-Pack Set ($29.99)
- Disney Pins and Trading Accessories ($9.99-$29.99)
- Retail MagicBand 2 ($22.99-$32.99)
- A Galaxy of Apparel for the Whole Family ($19.99-$59.99)
Solo: A Star Wars Story opens in U.S. theaters on May 25, 2018.
Black Series 6-inch Figures:
JAKKS Big Figs:
Disney Store Figure Play Set:
The “Solo: A Star Wars Story” merchandise is definitely getting rolled out with less fanfare than the two Force Fridays, and even Rogue One’s. But it is good to finally get an official word on when the Solo merchandise will be released, and that it is as soon as this week, as I know some black series figures have already been spotted out in the wild.
For the full list of merchandise and more images, be sure to check out them out over at StarWars.com.